Tall, Dark & Dangerous # 13
Suzanne Brockmann Books
About 300 pages
HERO: LT (jg) Thomas King, U.S. Navy SEAL
HEROINE: Tasha Francisco
LOCATION: San Diego, California and Northwestern Maine
TROPES: Childhood friends to lovers, Snowbound/trapped in close quarters
Read an excerpt
The book that readers have been waiting for.
In Frisco’s Kid, Tasha Francisco was a strong-willed, independent child, thrown into the temporary care of her Navy SEAL uncle, Alan “Frisco” Francisco.
Years older, but still just a kid himself, Thomas King lived nearby. Tasha took one look and declared she’d marry him someday. Thomas wasn’t quite so sure about that.
Now Tasha’s a strong-willed, independent young woman, and Thomas is an officer and a hospital corpsman with SEAL Team Ten.
When Tasha’s Uncle Alan asks Thomas for a favor—to help keep his niece safe as she travels to a remote ski lodge with her wealthy boyfriend’s royal family—Thomas grimly accepts his role as Tasha’s bodyguard. But things go horribly, terribly wrong, and Thomas and Tasha find themselves alone together in the freezing wilderness, on the run from the dangerous men who want her dead.
Thomas knows only one thing for sure: He’ll sacrifice everything and anything to keep Tasha safe.
The tall, dark, and dangerous Navy SEALs of Team Ten are back—with Suzanne Brockmann’s signature blend of love, laughter, and a hint of danger in King’s Ransom.
- This book is set both in the present day (about a year after the end of SEAL Camp, TDD #12) and about two and a half years after the end of Night Watch (TDD #11) which was first published in 2003. (Embrace the time warp!)
- In King’s Ransom, I’ve finally given readers an update on the McCoy family. Lucy and Blue’s book was Forever Blue (TDD #2), and they both played a major role in Get Lucky. (TDD #9)
- Thomas and Tasha first met as children in Frisco’s Kid (TDD #3).
- The original Prince Tedric (or Uncle Prince Tedric, as Thomas calls him) first appears in Prince Joe (TDD #1)
- King’s Ransom stands alone, but readers familiar with the TDD series will get to catch up with some of the SEALs.
- Petty Officers Rio Rosetti and Dave Patterson are secondary characters in King’s Ransom, as are Tasha’s uncle, Admiral Alan Francisco and his wife Mia. Team Ten CO Capt. Joe Catalanotto, LT Mike Lee, and Senior Chief Daryl “Harvard” Becker also put in an appearance!
- King’s Ransom is intended to be the final book my long-running Tall, Dark & Dangerous series. (But don’t hold me to it!)
Audiobook (Coming soon from Blackstone Audio!)