Available now as a rental and download purchase via:
Analysis Paralysis is an LGBTQ romantic comedy about the intersection of imagination and anxiety, and the courage to reach for love.
The story begins when Tyler O’Conner, a young gay author, visits a therapist and discovers that he suffers from an anxiety disorder commonly called “Analysis Paralysis” — an inability to take action without imagining the ways that each possible choice could go wrong. The problem is that, unchecked, the condition will lead Tyler into a state of complete inaction.
To confront the disorder, Tyler decides to fight through his anxiety and ask his cute neighbor, Shane, out for coffee. Despite a flurry of imagined disasters, the date goes well, and Shane and Tyler ultimately become involved.
Against all odds, the relationship moves forward, but not without every step of the way — sex, moving in together, and meeting Shane’s parents — preceded by an avalanche of negative, albeit hilarious, fantasies.
Finally, convinced that Shane is leaving as a result of an uncomfortable interaction with Shane’s mom and dad, Tyler steels himself for what he sees as the inevitable rejection. But Shane has other plans…
Cool things I want you to know about ANALYSIS PARALYSIS:
- ANALYSIS PARALYSIS stars Jason T. Gaffney (The Perfect Wedding, Russian Doll, Out of Body) and Kevin Held (Longhorns, Out of Body).
- The movie is approximately 90 minutes long.
- The screenplay was co-written by the director and star Jason T. Gaffney & his father Ed Gaffney.
- Jason T. Gaffney and Ed Gaffney are also the authors of an m/m rom-com trilogy of novellas called The California Comedy Series, published by Suzanne Brockmann Books.
- If indie movies had ratings, ANALYSIS PARALYSIS would be rated R for language and (incredibly funny but also sexy, tender, and sweet!) sexual situations.
- It was filmed in ten crazy and intense days, in Sherman Oaks, California, with a very small but dedicated cast and crew.
- You can watch a trailer on Vimeo or below.
- Follow ANALYSIS PARALYSIS on Twitter @APtheMovie
- Follow ANALYSIS PARALYSIS on Instagram @APtheMovie
- Like ANALYSIS PARALYSIS on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Analysis ParalysisTheMovie
- Find out more at our successful Kickstarter Campaign Page
- Get a collector’s edition DVD of ANALYSIS PARALYSIS as a perk from our ongoing IndieGoGo Campaign, and support our latest LGBTQ rom-com feature, Out of Body!
- The two stars of ANALYSIS PARALYSIS, Kevin Held and Jason T. Gaffney, co-host an amazingly funny weekly history/comedy podcast called The Bright Side with Kevin and Jason.
- Kevin and Jason also narrate the audiobook of the novelization of our latest movie, Out of Body.
- You can sign up for email news updates about all of our movies via our “My Pet Hippo Productions” newsletter at http://www.tinyletter.com/mypethippo/
- Follow writer/director/producer Jason T. Gaffney on Twitter @JasonTGaffney
- Follow Jason T. Gaffney on Instagram @JasonTGaffney
- Like Jason T. Gaffney on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ActorAuthorJasonTGaffney/