Now streaming on Dekkoo
Available soon (late August 2019) as a rental and download purchase on Amazon, iTunes, and GooglePlay
Analysis Paralysis is an LGBTQ romantic comedy about the intersection of imagination and anxiety, and the courage to reach for love.
The story begins when Tyler O’Conner, a young gay author, visits a therapist and discovers that he suffers from an anxiety disorder commonly called “Analysis Paralysis” — an inability to take action without imagining the ways that each possible choice could go wrong. The problem is that, unchecked, the condition will lead Tyler into a state of complete inaction.
To confront the disorder, Tyler decides to fight through his anxiety and ask his cute neighbor, Shane, out for coffee. Despite a flurry of imagined disasters, the date goes well, and Shane and Tyler ultimately become involved.
Against all odds, the relationship moves forward, but not without every step of the way — sex, moving in together, and meeting Shane’s parents — preceded by an avalanche of negative, albeit hilarious, fantasies.
Finally, convinced that Shane is leaving as a result of an uncomfortable interaction with Shane’s mom and dad, Tyler steels himself for what he sees as the inevitable rejection. But Shane has other plans…
Cool things I want you to know about ANALYSIS PARALYSIS:
- ANALYSIS PARALYSIS stars Jason T. Gaffney (The Perfect Wedding, Russian Doll, Out of Body) and Kevin Held (Longhorns, Out of Body).
- The movie is approximately 90 minutes long.
- The screenplay was co-written by the director and star Jason T. Gaffney & his father Ed Gaffney.
- Jason T. Gaffney and Ed Gaffney are also the authors of an m/m rom-com trilogy of novellas called The California Comedy Series, published by Suzanne Brockmann Books.
- If indie movies had ratings, ANALYSIS PARALYSIS would be rated R for language and (incredibly funny but also sexy, tender, and sweet!) sexual situations.
- It was filmed in ten crazy and intense days, in Sherman Oaks, California, with a very small but dedicated cast and crew.
- You can watch a trailer on Vimeo or below.
- Follow ANALYSIS PARALYSIS on Twitter @APtheMovie
- Follow ANALYSIS PARALYSIS on Instagram @APtheMovie
- Like ANALYSIS PARALYSIS on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Analysis ParalysisTheMovie
- Find out more at our successful Kickstarter Campaign Page
- Get a collector’s edition DVD of ANALYSIS PARALYSIS as a perk from our ongoing IndieGoGo Campaign, and support our latest LGBTQ rom-com feature, Out of Body!
- The two stars of ANALYSIS PARALYSIS, Kevin Held and Jason T. Gaffney, co-host an amazingly funny weekly history/comedy podcast called The Bright Side with Kevin and Jason.
- Kevin and Jason also narrate the audiobook of the novelization of our latest movie, Out of Body.
- You can sign up for email news updates about all of our movies via our “My Pet Hippo Productions” newsletter at http://www.tinyletter.com/mypethippo/