The Admiral’s Bride
When six canisters of a lethal nerve agent are stolen from a military testing lab, Admiral Jake Robinson must recover the chemicals—by any means necessary. With Dr. Zoe Lange at his side he defies convention and decides to infiltrate the compound where religious fanatics have stored the deadly toxin. But Jake fears his instant attraction to Zoe might compromise the mission.
- RITA Award Finalist — Long Contemporary Series Category
- Voted one of Romance Writers of America’s Top Ten Favorite Books of 1999
- Romantic Times FIVE STAR Review
- Voted #5 on Romance Readers Anonymous List’s Top Ten Favorite Books of 1999 (tied with HEART THROB!)
- Addicted2RomanceBooks Award for Favorite Series Romance of 1999
- RRA First Place Award for Best Series Romance of 1999
- RT Reviewer’s Choice Award Nominee: Best Silhouette Intimate Moments of the Year
- WISH Award for Admiral Jake Robinson
“Is there anything more exciting than another SEAL book from the fabulous Suzanne Brockmann? This time, Brockmann outdoes even herself…” 5 Star Review and a WISH Award. Melinda Helfer, Romantic Times
“Let’s bring up the age issue. As far as I’m concerned, there need only be a two word argument for anyone who says that there can’t be sexy 50+ heroes in romance novels: Harrison Ford. Jake Robinson is an engaging, fascinating, compassionate character who happens to be 53. From beginning to end, this was a well-crafted, multi-layered story that practically turn the pages by itself!” The Romance Journal
“You’ll be…mesmerized by a mission of danger and a love story that captures your heart and imagination… This book is solid GOLD all the way through. Suzanne Brockmann’s U.S. Navy SEALs are definitely radioactive in the love department.” Suzanne Coleburn
- THE ADMIRAL’S BRIDE is my original title for this book!
- Jake’s inability to draw (mentioned in IT CAME UPON A MIDNIGHT CLEAR) is based on the somewhat, ahem, questionable artistic talents of my own husband, who swears he can draw a horse if we would only give him enough time. (Like two centuries… )