Kiss & Tell
Reissue originally published 1996
Her brother’s irritating best friend…
Leila Hunt spent her childhood plotting her escape from small-town life on Sunrise Key—when she wasn’t being teased and tormented by her brother Simon and his friend with the annoyingly sexy British accent, Marshall Devlin.
Now Marsh is the remote island’s only doctor—and his year’s been less-than good. His house burned down so he’s staying with Simon, and many of his local patients—some of which have four legs and a tail—don’t have the means to pay. Still, he loves his small-town life with one exception—he misses his lively arguments with Leila.
His best friend’s annoying little sister…
Leila lives and works in New York City, but her life, too, is anything but complete. She’s actually considering a loveless marriage with a colleague—until a holiday visit home turns her world upside down.
At Simon’s annual New Year’s Eve masquerade party, Leila’s dressed like Cinderella. But instead of fleeing at midnight, she’s kissed by a masked man in a ninja costume and he’s the one to run away—promising his swift return. When he doesn’t come back, Leila’s left wondering if the magic she felt from that stranger’s kiss could possibly be real. With Marsh’s “help,” she sets out to track down her ninja, little realizing this man with whom she’s sparked and sparred for years has the power to set her world aflame.
Welcome to Sunrise Key!
Set in 1996 in fictional Sunrise Key, Florida, Kiss & Tell is the first book in the Sunrise Key trilogy, which includes The Kissing Game (#2) and Otherwise Engaged (#3). Kiss & Tell was originally published in 1996.
- Romantic Times WISH Award for Dr. Marshall Devlin
- Nominated for RT’s Best Loveswept of the Year
“A dilly of a love story. Brimming with snappy dialogue and sizzling sensuality. 4 and 1/2 stars and WISH Award.” Melinda Helfer, Romantic Times.
- THE FOURTH NINJA was my original title for this book!
- KISS & TELL is the first of three books featuring characters from Sunrise Key, Florida. The other two books are: THE KISSING GAME (featuring Simon Hunt, Leila’s brother and Frankie Paresky, Leila’s best friend) and OTHERWISE ENGAGED (featuring Preston Seaholm, the local billionaire).
- I’d hoped to write two more Sunrise Key books — one featuring Pres’s right hand man, Dom, and the other featuring life guard extraordinaire, Hayden Young. Somewhere, I’ve got Dom’s story completely sketched out….
- The idea for KISS & TELL came during a brain-storming session with my friend Deede Bergeron while she drove with my family from Boston to Florida.
- Sunrise Key is a perfect mixture of my two favorite Florida locations: Siesta Key, off Sarasota, and Sanibel Island, near Ft. Meyers.
- I love the beach and had a home on Siesta Key for over ten years! (I now have a place on mainland Sarasota!)